Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Evidence and Understanding of Pull Focus


A pull focus is when the camera's focus changes from one subject to another during one shot. Within this particular shot, the camera is initially focussing on the greenery in the background, to then focussing on the person standing by the camera, sharpening the subject. This is done by adjusting the focus ring until the first subject becomes out of focus, proceeding to blur out the entire shot, then finally focussing on a second subject. 
A technical challenge I faced with this particular task is that I have no knowledge of photography so it was all completely new to me. Though it was explained and demonstrated to me multiple times, it was still difficult for me to grasp onto it. The motion of the subjects in this footage was difficult to focus on but still (I think) produced a pull focus. Perhaps not as good as others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment